Social media is without doubt one of the best ways to boost your brand and showcase the great content you’re creating. But it isn’t enough to just post content to social media whenever you feel like it. Did you know, some times are better than others and will generate more engagement in your content than others.
So, what ARE the best hours to post on each social media channel?
Sadly, there’s no definitive answer. Individuals browse each social network differently, and businesses may find different days and times work best for them.
These aren’t your only (or best) times, though. Good post timing depends on the platform you’re using, as well as on how your target audience interacts with that platform, the regions and corresponding time zones you’re targeting, and your marketing goals (e.g., clickthroughs versus shares). We know, so much to think about!
While each audience is unique, having a rule of thumb can be extremely helpful when you’re first starting out (and managing your own social media rather than outsourcing to a specialist agency). Sprout Social recently published the results of their “Best Times to Post on Social Media: 2018 Industry Research”, a report which includes preferred time slots for the big 4 — Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We’ve listed the highlights to give you some insight into when is the best time to post on various social media platforms:
- The best times to post on Facebook are Wednesday at noon and 2 p.m. and Thursday at 1 and 2 p.m.
- Thursday is the best day to post on Facebook in the week.
- The safest times to post include weekdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook in the week.
- Evenings and early mornings have the least amount of engagement in the day.
- The best time to post on Instagram is Wednesday at 3 p.m., Thursday at 5 a.m., 11 a.m., and 3 to 4 p.m. and Friday at 5 a.m.
- Thursday is the best day to post to Instagram.
- The safest times to post to Instagram are Tuesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday is the least engaging day for Instagram.
- The best time to post on Twitter is Friday 9 to 10 a.m.
- Friday is the best day to post to Twitter.
- The safest times to post Tweet are everyday 10 a.m. to noon.
- Sunday mornings receive the least amount of engagement.
- The best time to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday 3 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday is the best day to post to LinkedIn.
- Engagement varies per day, but Tuesday through Thursday rank best.
- Friday through Monday receive the least amount of engagement.